Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quick update

As promised I am trying to make more regular updates even if they are small/short.

I walked into the house today on my way home from work to say hi to mom and I could see on her face that she was having a great day. I asked her how she was feeling and she exclaimed "Awesome!" It has been a long time since I have seen her like that. She told me that she has been scarfing down food too! This is great news if even only temporarily. She showed me the back of truffles, and plate full of cookies, and said she was going to go buy a pound of See's candy. It really doesn't matter what she eats as long as she is getting the calories. I think she was joking about the See's. She did eat a big dinner, the largest I've seen in a very long time.

Apparently, as she explained to me, there is about a ten day window between her IV chemo treatment when she feels good and has an appetite. She said she is enjoying that time right now. She seemed like a different person today, it was amazing and uplifting to see.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow! Sounds delicious! You go girl!