Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update

First off I have to apologize to all of you out there who have been anxiously waiting for updates on mom. I'm making an attempt to update more often starting today. The updates may be short and not filled with a ton of information but I'll do what I can to make them happen a little more often.

She's been fairly stable in all areas for the most part. Mom is still working two days a week most weeks, which I think she enjoys and it's great that she's getting out of the house for a day. Her weight loss seems to have stabilized for now and she's been eating better in recent days. Still not enough for the weight gain she needs but maybe enough to slow down the loss. She is on a new chemo drug which is both oral and IV. It's supposed to work well on pancreatic cancer so we have our fingers crossed. I wrote about these drugs here
Her spirits seem to be doing pretty well too. Matt is off to Azuza Pacific for school and Lexi has started her Junior year at H.S.. Jake is back home now. Seems like life is just moving along. There really isn't a whole lot of news. I'll do my best to keep up on this a bit better from now on.

2 comments:

Deb, The Outdoor Guru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

Thank you for the update, Mark. We do appreciate your postings and any news.

Looks like we have more Thorups in Chico with Zach and Rick moving here, so there are more of us out of the area these days to keep apprised.