Sunday, August 17, 2008

Round 2

Mom had her second round of chemo on Friday. She told me that she still didn't feel too bad from it, maybe only slightly worse. She had a restful weekend. My cousin Nancy left on Friday after a week. They had a chance to visit with my mom and we had some good time playing cards and had a BBQ at my house one night. I spent the night in S.F. with them and we had a good visit and a great meal together at a fantastic Italian joint in N.Beach. Friday they left to go back to Boston. I was in a wedding for my long time friends Jeremy and Courtney on Saturday so the whole weekend from Friday until now has been taken by that. It was a great wedding up at the Roaring Camp Railroad which turned out to be a great idea and was an amazing place for a wedding. We took the train up to the Redwoods for the ceremony. It was a great weekend.

Mom told me tonight that she was in a little pain mostly her back and she hasn't been sleeping all that well. I think mostly it's probably a little bit of her overdoing it during the day, which is pretty typical of her. She will have one more chemo session at the end of this week then two weeks off before the radiation treatment at Stanford.
So far so good...

No comments: